At St Andrew's C of E, our vision is that every child should flourish. We aim to achieve our vision by ensuring pupils have the opportunity to:
Learn through an inspiring curriculum.
- Provide a broad and balanced education for all pupils that’s coherently planned and sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge for skills and future learning and employment
- Enable pupils to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations
- Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Develop language of all pupils in a challenging way, to give them a vocabulary for life.
Learn to develop healthy lifestyles.
- Support pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active and safe
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning and failure
- Support pupils to make safe choices in the real and online world
Learn to help one another shine.
- Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Have a high academic/vocational/technical ambition for all pupils
Learning to live as part of the community.
- Equip pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
- Understand their importance in our local and global community
Learning to live out our Christian Values.
- Challenge children’s critical thinking and understanding of values
You can read more about our curriculum intent in our curriculum policy.
PSHE Parent Consultation
From September 2020, it is a statutory requirement that all schools in England and Wales are teaching Relationship and Sex Education as a fundamental part of the curriculum.
As part of implementing the RSE curriculum, schools must consult with the children, parents, staff and governors to ensure there is a general consensus on our approaches to policy and the curriculum content.
St Andrew’s second consultation process ran from 8th November 2020 and closed on the16th December 2020.